Instagram is a social media platform mostly used for showing off. On the site you can see their new cars, new clothes, new travel destinations, etc. You will find people showing Although the platform is designed for sharing photos and videos, you may encounter posts you don’t want to see.
To deal with such posts, Instagram lets you mute someone’s post. When you mute someone on Instagram, you won’t see their post in your Instagram feed. Apart from that, you can mute some features such as Story, Profile or Direct Messages.
In one of our articles, we discussed how to mute and unmute someone on Instagram. This post discussed how to mute a post. Today, we will discuss how to turn off someone’s story on Instagram.
Mute Someone’s Story on Instagram
It’s easy to mute someone’s story on Instagram, and doing so won’t let them know you’ve muted their story. So you can How to mute someone’s story on Instagram taking a break from their content without unfriending or blocking them. Let’s check.
1) How Do You Open Someone’s Story On Instagram?
very easyo Unmute someone’s story on Instagram. For this, you need to follow the simple steps shared below.
1. First, open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Then you will find all the Stories on the home screen. Then swipe right; You will find your silent stories at last.
3. Long press and select the story you want to unmute Unmute the Story.
4. You must repeat the same steps for each Instagram Story you want to mute.
5. If you want to turn off someone’s story on Instagram, long press the Story and select ‘.mute‘
This much! This is how you can open someone’s story on Instagram. You have to repeat the same steps for each Story you want to unmute on Instagram.
2) Mute Someone’s Story On Instagram From Their Profile
This is another best method to mute someone’s story on Instagram. However, this method will only be effective if you remember who you muted. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First, open your Instagram app on Android or iOS.
2. Next, open the profile of the person you muted. Then tap on it. Follow opens on profile pages.
3. From the list of options that appear mute.
4. At the silent prompt, deactivate ‘ to switchStories‘.
This much! This is how you can unmute someone on Instagram by visiting their profile page. You have to repeat the steps for each Instagram profile you want to mute.
3) Report Instagram Stories
Reporting has nothing to do with the mute feature. However, if you believe the Instagram Story you muted shouldn’t be on the platform, you can report them.
Reporting is a great way to keep your environment clean. You must report Instagram Stories that you think violate the platform’s terms and conditions. Here’s how to report Instagram Stories.
1. First, open the Instagram app on your Android device and open the Story you want to report.
2. Next, tap on it. three points in the upper right corner
3. Select from the list of options displayed. paper.
This much! Now Instagram will ask you to provide a reason for reporting. You should explain why you think the story shouldn’t be on Instagram. Content will be removed if it violates Instagram’s terms and conditions.
Also read: How to Hide Messages on Instagram
Before you mute or unmute someone on Instagram, you may have a few questions in mind. Below, we’ve answered all your questions about unmuting someone on Instagram.
Can You Mute Someone Without Knowing?
Yes, you can mute anyone on Instagram without them knowing. When you mute someone, Instagram won’t send notifications to the other user. That way, you can be on their friend list, but you won’t receive their Story notifications.
Can I tell if I’ve been muted?
Since Instagram doesn’t notify users when someone closes a story or post, there’s no way to tell if someone has muted your Story.
However, you can confirm if they’ve muted your friend by asking what they think of your latest story.
Can I Hide My Instagram Story from Specific Users?
Well, Instagram has a feature called Close Friends List and it allows you to create a customized contact list for sharing private Instagram Stories.
So, you can create a Close friends list on Instagram and share your private Instagram Stories with selected users.
So, these are some of the simple steps to unmute someone’s story on Instagram. We shared all possible ways to unmute an Instagram Story. If you need more help, please let us know in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, share it with your friends.