Major League Baseball announced Thursday the reinstatement of Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer with immediate effect.
The righteous Bauer missed the entire 2022 season after being suspended for sexual assault allegations. He had 17 starts the year before he was put on administrative leave.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS NEWS ON FOXNEWS.COM
The league announced on April 29 that the 2020 National League Cy Young Award winner would be suspended for 324 games, the equivalent of two full seasons, the longest non-lifetime suspension ever awarded by the league. Instead, he will be eligible to play on Opening Day, but will still be deducted from his salary for the first 50 games of the year.
MLB released the following statement:
“Today, the neutral referee chosen by the MLB and MLBPA affirmed that Trevor Bauer violated Major League Baseball’s Common Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Child Abuse Policy.
“After a thorough review of the available evidence, the impartial referee approved the suspension of 194 games free of charge. As part of the decision, the referee effectively immediately reinstated Mr. Bauer with a salary loss covering the 144 games he was suspended in 2022. In addition to this The referee also cut Bauer’s salary for the first 50 games of the 2023 season (the period from March 30, 2023 to May 23, 2023). decision.
TREVOR BAUER’S CRIME OF SEXUAL ABUSE APPLIES BEHAVIOR AGAINST ALLEGED LIMITATION
“We understand that this process has been difficult for the witnesses involved and we thank them for their participation. Due to the joint program’s collective agreement confidentiality provisions, we are unable to provide further details at this time.”
Bauer scored 11.5 hits per nine innings with the Dodgers in 2021, increasing to a 2.59 ERA. Following his Cy Young Award-winning campaign, he signed a three-year, $102 million contract with the Dodgers. The year Bauer was suspended, he is still contracted despite not being paid, so he is still scheduled to be a free agent after the 2023 season.
The suspension came after the woman Bauer met on social media claimed that Bauer beat and sexually assaulted her last year, and he sought a restraining order but was denied. Los Angeles prosecutors said in February there was insufficient evidence to substantiate the woman’s accusations beyond a reasonable doubt.
Bauer says all actions between the two are consensual, with the two having rough sex at her suggestion at her Pasadena home and following mutually predetermined directions. He said that every encounter ends with their banter and him spending the night.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FOX NEWS APP
“I deny in the strongest possible terms that I have violated the league’s domestic violence and sexual assault policy. I am contesting this lawsuit and hope to prevail,” Bauer told Fox News Digital in April. “As in this process, my representatives and I respect the confidentiality of the proceedings.”
Ryan Gaydos and Adam Sabes of Fox News contributed to this story.